Welcome to the digital version of the Colonial 2nd Ward's Recipes.

If you'd like to add a recipe, please send the recipe to colonial2recipes@gmail.com.

You can search the blog with the search engine, using the labels, or using the archive. Hope you enjoy!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hummus

I've really struggled with making a plain-'ol regular hummus. The proportions always seem just a little off. Well, I've found if I follow this recipe exactly that my hummus turns out great! Which is fantastic given that I like to eat a lot of hummus and that I can make it for 1/4 of the price in the store.


Ingredients:
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 to 4 tablespoons broth (I call it the juice) from the chickpeas
2 to 3 tablespoons sesame tahini

Blend in a food processor until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment